Are you sitting comfortably? If you are… Why?
I saw a blog post the other day about living your life out loud, not accepting same old, same old week in and week out. I just loved it and wanted to share the ideas from it with you.
Don’t get freaked out, living out loud is not about being the loudest person in the room or walking about with a ‘look at me I love myself’ attitude. It is about taking charge of your life, getting a little uncomfortable and being happy with how things are going in any direction other than sit back and wait for it to happen.
Julie from The Indie chicks (love her writing) top tips to start living your life out loud (in my own words, cause we are not American):
- Don’t wait for your destiny to arrive, be proactive, take chances, ask, do.
- If your heart is not in it, don’t do it… Everything should be full effort every time.
- Treat yourself, you work hard, you deserve to make yourself happy (it doesn’t need to be something you buy, the treat could be leave your phone in another room for an hour to get time out)
- Wear your clothes and makeup in a way that makes YOU feel good, don’t do it just because it’s what the rules say or it’s the latest trend.
- Give yourself permission – it’s your life you can do what you damn well please (that includes not being perfect)
- Be genuine and honest, keeping your mouth shut is not going to do you any favours (tip no 1… be proactive)
- Don’t wait until you are ready… you will never be ready, so just do it now (again proactive) no time like the present and all you will do is wish you had started sooner.
Start today, yes it’s Wednesday but we are warrior women and we want to live our lives… we don’t want to wish we started yesterday.
Happy proactive humpday