8 things I really like to have in my life…
Obviously my family and friends are the biggest number one, but for the purposes of this list I am thinking about things I buy / have bought (I am not getting paid or sponsored by anyone to endorse these products (unfortunately).
- Veggies… when I go a couple of days without eating them I crave them (it is actually easier than you think no not eat enough even though I am vegetarian). Roast them, stir fry, salad, however they are made… yum!
- iPod… My Facebook memories reminded me the other day when I bought my iPod – 5 years ago now and that bad boy is still going strong (there will be tears the day it packs in on me). It has over 9000 music tracks on it and about 400 podcasts the last time I checked.
- Kindle… I have 2 kindles, one original and the HD Fire. The problem with the Fire is you can’t read outside with it… So I have 2, good thing is they update each other to where you are in a book if you are reading it across the 2 devices. I love reading and usually have 2 or 3 books on the go at one time (I do read real books when I am in the house).
- Tea… I love all types of tea, Clipper and Pukka are my favourite brands. I do avoid regular tea, but that is just because you should really drink it with biscuits to dunk and if I have a packet of biscuits I generally eat the whole packet…
- Peanut Butter… Whole Earth no added sugar crunchy peanut butter. I put it in smoothies, on toast, I make cookies with it, I make protein bars with it. I could eat it straight from the jar (and have done using chocolate buttons to scoop it out, but that was a food emergency and all there was in front of me).
- Manuka honey… I have been taking a teaspoon of Manuka honey every morning now for about 2 years, in that time I have had 1 cold that lasted around 24 hours and greatly reduced problems with helicobacter (a nasty parasite that lives in your tummy and can cause a lot of problems). Is it the honey that claims to be a miracle honey? I am not taking my chances.
- Liz Earle products… these were only introduced to me in the last few months, I am addicted. I am slowly changing over all my products to these ones, my face and hair has never looked and felt so good for a long period of time.
- Barefoot trainers… I have been wearing barefoot trainers now for about 4 years. They are trainers that allow your feet to move in their natural movement pattern. Both my yoga teachers have said recently about looking after your feet so you don’t get the old person shuffle when you are old. Having hard soled shoes, heels or very thick soled shoes desensitises your feet, holding them in an unnatural position and the muscles get weak and tight. If you suffer from fallen arches or plantar fasciitis it would be worth looking in to investing in some foot care time.
I would love to hear what some of your favourite things you like to have in your life are…